Thursday, February 9, 2012

Homemade tools! The crimper

As much as I love to shop and buy cool stuff for my hobby, making or just using "free" things from around the house feels like a small victory.

As I have said from the beginning, I am new to this craft so my tools are few and far between. One tool that I have wanted was a paper crimper. The one I saw in a book was just a simple set of gears on a block of wood.  That's easy!

So off I go on a hunt around the house for some gears that weren't being used. No luck, or I just wasn't thinking properly. I couldn't even find an old VHS tape to take apart!

Then my dear husband comes to the rescue. An old CD cleaner.

It was perfect!



 A little awkward to use but the end result is exactly as I wanted.
Cool!
But then I saw this from a google image search:
Now I MUST HAVE!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment